1. 2 lbs Fish filets, bite size (we caught them in Tampa Bay. Bones slightly fried n cooked with 3 cups water and gingers for stock)
2. Chicken stock or water 8 cups
3. 1 bulb garlic, diced
4. 1 onion, diced
5. 1 tsp cooking oil
6. 4 cups cooked brown/red rice
8. Soya sauce
10. Ginger powder
A. Brown #3-5
B. Boil stock or water with cooked rice, add A. Cook for 1/2 – an hour in medium heat. Stir frequently.
C. Marinade #1 with #7-10 for 15 mins
D. Add C to B.
E. add #7-10
Chinese New Year Day 7
Easy n Lazy
Great soup for lunch
I just put everything in n cook for 35 mins. Yummy.
Thanks to Miss Vicky
1. 1 1/2 lbs Neck bones, brown
2. 1/4 cups ham, cubed or diced
3. 1/4 cups dried shrimp, soaked for 5 mins, rinsed
4. 6 pcs dried jujube
5. 5 slices of fresh ginger
6. 4 pcs of dried shiitake mushroom
7. 2 lbs winter melon, diced or cubed
8. 6 cups of water
Put everything in a soup pot and cook for 2-3 hours on medium low. Season with salt.
If you prefer meaty, use pork roast with bone. The soup is clear.
1. 16 pcs fish, about 1 lb each, fillet them and marinade with 1 Tbs cooking wine, salt, 1 Tbs minced gingers. Fish bones cook for soup stock
2. 3 gloves garlic, minced
3. 4 stalks lemon grass, sliced
4. 1 small fresh Turmeric
5. 4 limes, skins for zest, juice sets aside, remained throw into the soup
6. 8 Tbs rice vinegar or 8 pcs of dried tamarind
7. 4 Tbs Tom Yum paste
8. 1 Tbs red chili paste or 1 tsp red pepper power
9. 1 tsp Galangal power or 1 pc of fresh Galangal
10. 1 can of straw mushroom
11. 1 bowl of rice noodle (optional)
12. Salt and pepper
13. 1 tsp of cooking oil
A. Brown fish bones lightly with oil and gingers. (Put them into a soup cotton bag, if desire.) Put the bones in the 6 cup boiled water pot and cook for 20 mins. Take out the bones.
B. Brown lightly # 2-4 and add to soup
C. Add # 5-10, 12 to soup
D. Heat up skillet, add 1 tsp cooking oil and cook fish till done.
Serve with # 11
We caught so many fish, so I cooked them as such. You can cook them with any soup stock and fillet fish.
Crocker? fish from the bay
We do have lemon grass in our backyard. Lucky me.
Got to have soup for winter
My favorite recipe with some twists
I just love this recipe: try it you will like it
I used Northern Beans and cooked everything in the pressure cooker for 50 mins. Smashed the beans in the pot. You can add one cup of chicken broth for not so thick soup.
Leftover can be good
Just have to cook creatively
1. 1 Turkey Bone, cook in a pot with water = turkey soup stock
2. 2 cups rice
3. turkey meat from the bone
4. 1 package firm bean curb, cubed
5. 1 cup frozen green peas
6. 2 cups frozen yellow corns
7. 1 tsp sesame oil
8. 1 tbs soya sauce
9. 1/2 tsp white pepper
A. Scoop out the bones and get the meat out.
B. Put the rice in soup. (I use the broth to cook the rice on a 2 qt Saladmaster sauce pan.)
C. Add 3-9