After eating bean dishes so many days…I am ready to have Asian food. Tom Yum soup is one of my favorites.
Four cups of water, boiled
1 tbs vege broth mix
1 stalk lemon grass, cut stripes
5 pcs red or green chili pepper, slightly hit them with the back of your knife
Cover and cook on medium heat on a three qt Saladmaster broiler or any pot
Once the vapo-valve click, turn to low and cook for 10 mins
Add 3 Brussels sprout, sliced
Add 1/2 box of Soft Tofu, cubes
2-3 mushroom, sliced
Add soy sauce (optional)
Add maple syrup (optional)
Add1/2 cup nut or rice milk
Add lime juice
Add red hot pepper flakes or hot sauce (optional)
This is my first vege broth mix, that is why I put soy sauce as optional. Bought it at MD oriental, Tampa. It is from Taiwan.
1. 16 pcs fish, about 1 lb each, fillet them and marinade with 1 Tbs cooking wine, salt, 1 Tbs minced gingers. Fish bones cook for soup stock
2. 3 gloves garlic, minced
3. 4 stalks lemon grass, sliced
4. 1 small fresh Turmeric
5. 4 limes, skins for zest, juice sets aside, remained throw into the soup
6. 8 Tbs rice vinegar or 8 pcs of dried tamarind
7. 4 Tbs Tom Yum paste
8. 1 Tbs red chili paste or 1 tsp red pepper power
9. 1 tsp Galangal power or 1 pc of fresh Galangal
10. 1 can of straw mushroom
11. 1 bowl of rice noodle (optional)
12. Salt and pepper
13. 1 tsp of cooking oil
A. Brown fish bones lightly with oil and gingers. (Put them into a soup cotton bag, if desire.) Put the bones in the 6 cup boiled water pot and cook for 20 mins. Take out the bones.
B. Brown lightly # 2-4 and add to soup
C. Add # 5-10, 12 to soup
D. Heat up skillet, add 1 tsp cooking oil and cook fish till done.
Serve with # 11
We caught so many fish, so I cooked them as such. You can cook them with any soup stock and fillet fish.
Crocker? fish from the bay
We do have lemon grass in our backyard. Lucky me.